[DML] Re: DeLorean magazines.

I agree with both Phil Peters and Ken Koncelik that a hard copy
magazine not necessarily has to go down in favor of the electronic
version.

Our Dutch DeLorean Club only has some 80 members who receive our
magazine called Dashboard as part of the membership they pay for.
Even in such a small community we have some members that do not have a
computer, A quarterly magazine like ours is their only contact with
club and activities.

And yes, it's hard to get paid advertisements. We however are fortunate
to have a.o. the Dutch AAA contributing by advertising in our magazine.
Members write articles for free, just like your countrymen do, no fee
promised or given. Sometimes, if of interest our articles are
translated into English so our foreign sister clubs can benefit of the
information.
 I guess it's the spirit of being part of something special that keep
both clubs and magazines alive.
In my opinion this is also applicable to contacts and exchanges between
clubs.
In Europe that's unfortunately a bit more difficult than in the US,
regarding the various languages spoken on this continent, but we manage.

Welmoed.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: