[DML] Re: Stalled in traffic

A reasonable assumption that the rain caused the problem but, I
wonder if that is the case? When you refired the car how did it run?
Did you warm it up to operating temperature? The coil pickup can
cause this type of problem without warning and is not water related.
The coil pickup wire connection however, is usually exposed to rain
water falling off the louvers and, if it is loose or damaged, water
in the connection could cause a similar problem.

You might also check the connection on the roll-over switch and
examine the switch too. The fuel pump can lose its ground there,
sometimes intermittently, because of a faulty switch and/or poor
connections.

You might check the primary ignition coil wire (coil to the
distributor). You should have the cover over the coil secure - not
just hanging there - so the coil, etc. stays dry - and the wire from
the coil to the distributor should be in good condition - which means
nice and pliable with no cracks.

You might also check the fuel pump cover to be sure it is secure from
the water draining from the fresh air vent.

Those are some of the things I would check first.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "aaron_t_graham" <aaron_t_graham@...>
wrote:

> Coming home from work this week, my Delorean stalled in rush hour
in
> the left turn lane of one of the busiest intersections in the south
> bay area.  It wouldn't start back up.  I had to push the car across
> the intersection and get a tow.
>
> The next day, it started up effortlessly.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)