Re: [DML] Pumps and parts

I'm not sure how I will be "leading newbie's down the wrong path" when
I stated in my post numerous times that it was not written to steer
anyone away from or to do anything. The point of the whole post was
that all DMC parts aren't DMC specific (cross referencing!) and that
if you do some research you may be able to save some money if you so
desire. I know when I first bought my car over 6 years ago, I had no
idea that other cars used the same exact brake pads as the DeLorean so
I ended up paying more and waited longer for them than just going down
to the parts store asking for pads that will fit from a different car.
It's the same thing with the weather stripping and etc. When ordering
a water pump, you definitely aren't going to get any gaskets or
o-rings, because you're ordering a pump, not a kit. If the gaskets and
o-rings and bolts are what you need, then buy it from the vendor, it's
no problem. I've got nothing against you John and I apologize if I
upset you by my post; I just happen to know some cross references and
save some money that way. In fact, I don't know any other vendor that
took the time to sit down and call ME up with a question, to explain
something or to find something out about the work I was doing to my
car other than you John which is great. I've had a fuel pump go bad
and a fuel distributor that was junk which you got the new parts right
to me ASAP. Like I stated in the last post, I've got nothing against
any of the vendors at all, you guys are great and I'd do business if
only my car was in need of something (soon door lock module???). I'm
not attacking anyone and I'm definitely not saying vendor's parts are
no good; cross referencing is just something that works for me for
some things. Sorry guys, hope no one took this subject the wrong way
or I upset anyone by it. -----Dani B. #5003

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: