RE: [DML] Pumps and parts

Dani,
Who do you go to when you have a problem with a fuel pump on Saturday and
how is to going to be warranted. I swap out with some one that has a problem
with my pumps with one year and I do like to know what the problem was.
Bosch says send it in and if we find anything wrong with it we will let you
know. J.C will most likely say send it in for credit and buy another one. I
don't know how other DeLorean vendors do it but I send another pump.

Order a water pump for the DeLorean and see if you get the right one I doubt
it and then where are you going to get the gaskets, O Rings, new 7mm bolts
which they don't have. You save 10.00 dollars in money and spend 2 to 3
hours if not longer in time. Then what kind of warranty does it have. Mine
are 5 years.
Then where do you go to get help , back to Pep Boy or JC Whitney good luck
on that.
Whether you buy it from me or another DeLorean parts person in the long run
your not going to save any money if your time is worth anything.
I challenge you to show me anywhere on the internet you can buy a Bosch or
equal fuel pump for the DeLorean. It isn't there at this $89.00 cost price.
Bosch cost on a DeLorean pump is over $120.00 and knockoff are less, but who
want to give away the farm.
You may be leading Newbie's down the wrong path when you say You need to buy
from Vendors but look for the cheapest price at others. There are other
things behind the cost of the part.
I had a man buy a water pumps and pulley only the other day to say $30.00
over the kit price and I shipped it. Then I ask via email where are you
going to get the other parts needed to install and he didn't seem worried
about it. So I didn't either. Point is he will either come back to get the
other parts or God no if he uses the old parts. That's bad.

John Hervey
The preacher.
www.deloreanautoparts.com