[DML] Re: Public vs Private.

Mr. Watkins.

Unfortunately, I can no longer take your support of the DOA as a
plus.  You have become your own, and the DOA's, worst enemy.

In your post below, you have made a few faux pas which impaired your
credibility, shared below in case you are interested.

You took a non-personal topic with potential value, and when a
countering viewpoint was offered, you responded by attacking
personally the individual with countering viewpoints, as opposed to
the viewpoint itself.

You have stated that you believe that "most reasonable people" will
agree with you.  This characteristic is very destructive to conflict
resolution.  It basically says:  "If you disagree with me, you are
unreasonable."  To which I say "Jump in a lake, you reasonable
person, you."

Marc may, as you say, "have issues that none of us will ever be able
to resolve."  So do I.  So do you.  It's irrelevant, and bringing
that fact up is a diversionary tactic from any real issues.  By
attacking the arguer, instead of the argument, you have lost
credibility with me, and set the DOA back in my esteem by being a
inept, and possibly dishonest and manipulative spokesperson.

The "new" DOA will have to regrain trust in the Delorean community by
refraining from the alienating behavior that got it into trouble in
the first place.  It is very difficult to prove the absense of
something, so it may take a good long time.  It cannot be proven by
promotion.  Repeated trumpeting of "just give them a chance..." just
raises suspicion to me.  They must win trust back quietly,
steadfastly, and by repeatedly being a positive influence.  They
don't need spokespeople.  Their actions will do their talking.

I think the most sensible thing said on the topic was posted by
Claude, who wrote something along the lines of "blah blah blah,
children, why don't you park your Deloreans..."

I attribute it to chance.

Rick Gendreau.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "outatime81" <outatime81@...> wrote:

> I want to say I am sorry to the members of this board for having to
> read these lengthy diatribes.  I believe that most reasonable
people
> can decide for themselves which side of the fence they wish to be
on
> and who has more integrity here.
>
> It is clear that Mr.Levy has issues that none of us will ever be
able
> to resolve.
>
> Let me be clear to all.....(and I believe that most people
understand
> this) When I say "safe" it means that the things said in this post
> would never be said to my face if I was to see Mr. Levy at an
event.

> The twisting of this comment is yet another example of the problem
> people face when posting about the DOA or other things Mr. Levy
finds
> objectionable.  I'd like to thank Mr. Levy for making my point for
me
> that e-mail is not always the best method of expression for your
> thoughts and opinions.  It will be taken the wrong way and then you
> have to battle the reply post and on and on and on and on.......I'm
> tired of it as I am sure most of you are.
>
> It is too bad that even good people like myself, who haven't done a
> thing to anyone, is maligned in such a fashion just for standing up
> and speaking out in support of Mr. Bakers efforts in trying to fix
> the DOA.
>
> I think we should all just ignore, ignore, ignore people with such
> venom in thier hearts and choose to come from a place of hope and
> good wishes for Mr. Baker as well as Dan from the DMA in trying to
> counter negative and unproductive people.
>
> Please offer these gentlemen your support if you have the
opportunity
> to do so. Again I am sorry to the membership at large for having to
> suffer through this.
>
> Thank you to the people who have contacted me in private both in e-
> mail and "on the phone" for your input, differing views, thoughts
and
> support for what you have been reading.   I will not engage in
> further fruitless arguments.
>
> When I do see you Mr. Levy at an event you can be sure that I will
> take the time to speak with you and speak my mind as gentlemen
> should.  However knowing your unusual obsession with documenting
> things if you would like to tape record or hire a shorthand writer
so
> you can then have it transcribed and posted for all to see please
do
> so :)
>

> Tom Watkins

<*> Your email settings: