[DML] Re: Fuel tank baffle

A good write-up and I agree with it all. I would like to add that I
have put springs into the pick-up hose to prevent collapsing. The hose
does tend to soften with age and heat. With all of the bends and if,
when inserting the fuel pump, you twist it even slightly, it is very
prone to kink, starving the pump. BTW the baffle does NOT sit centered
in the tank. There are 2 small bumps on the left side and the baffle
is supposed to lay there between them.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@...> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> With all this talk about pumps and fuel tank stuff, I just wanted to
> share my experiences of the fuel tank baffle. In my opinion, a properly
> working original baffle and pickup setup is vastly superior to John's
> setup (sorry, John)
>
> The original setup is awkward to assemble and prone to the pickup hose
> collapsing due to particles clogging the pickup filter, and the
original
> soft rubber the pickup hose was made from.  I believe the particles
> mostly come from a rusty filler neck and/or from a tank that has been
> left to sit. Many DeLoreans have been left to stand with fuel in their

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)