[DML] Re: National Geographic April 1981

[DML] Re: National Geographic April 1981

Hi Bill,

I don't think the DeLorean was ever intended to have a 14 inch rear
wheel - it was always intended that the rear wheel be bigger than the
front.

The diameter of the rear wheel arch is bigger than that of the front,
so that the wheels fill their respective wheel arches equally. This
helps hide the fact the rear wheel is bigger.

It looks like to me in the photo that this pilot car has the same
wheel arch sizes as the production car, indicating that it should
have a larger rear wheel than front. It is hard to take exact
measurements from a poor quality pic, especially if the angle it was
taken at was not perfect.

There is a prototype Stainless chassis in the Ulster Transport Museum
in Belfast which has the wheels seen in some of these early photos (5
spoke/4 spoke). I'm pretty sure that although the design of the
wheels is different, they are exactly the same size as the later
production wheels.

Where can I see a picture of a stock DMC rear wheel inside the
Brandy's redesigned front tub?

Regards,
John

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> Thank you so much for the picture Tiff!
>
> I suspect it was taken in Hethel (Lotus), not Dunmurry. Notice the
> barn walls in the background.
>
> This obviously is not a production automobile. Notice the position
of
> the side marker lenses. The door also has no toll booth window.

[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: