[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]


While working under the engine of Josh's car, I noticed the ceramic was chipped on the sensor so I decided to go ahead and replace it, since it was one of those things that could have been affecting the 'hunting' idle.

I put the wrench on it, twisted CCW, and much to my surprise it popped loose easily.  PO must have used never-seize, but that's asking a bit much, since he never did anything correctly maintenace wise.  After I get it out, I realize that he did not install a crush washer and the threaded part is still in the exhaust pipe.  I had the sensor in my hand and only the outermost threaded part is left in the pipe.  Has anyone had this happen and how did you get it out?  I tried an easy out, but it just won't budge.  I used PB Blaster, Corrosion X, heat, and a few choice cuss words, nothing is working.

Mike   TPS   1630



To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN 

Copyright © 2018 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive