[DML] LAMBDA/OXYGEN SENSOR PROBE

While working under the engine of Josh's car, I noticed the ceramic was chipped on the sensor so I decided to go ahead and replace it, since it was one of those things that could have been affecting the 'hunting' idle.

I put the wrench on it, twisted CCW, and much to my surprise it popped loose easily.  PO must have used never-seize, but that's asking a bit much, since he never did anything correctly maintenace wise.  After I get it out, I realize that he did not install a crush washer and the threaded part is still in the exhaust pipe.  I had the sensor in my hand and only the outermost threaded part is left in the pipe.  Has anyone had this happen and how did you get it out?  I tried an easy out, but it just won't budge.  I used PB Blaster, Corrosion X, heat, and a few choice cuss words, nothing is working.

Mike   TPS   1630

    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx