Re: [DML] LAMBDA/OXYGEN SENSOR PROBE

I've had this problem and the only way to get it out was to remove the
crossover pipe and get the thing on a bench, drill out as much as
possible and then chase the threads. At least that part is easy - it's a
spark plug thread. The problem is you get into a manifold gasket job
because the main studs that hold the crossover pipe onto the cat and the
manifolds invariably snap off.

You *could* get it welded over and another bung welded in.

Martin

mike clemens wrote:

>While working under the engine of Josh's car, I noticed the ceramic was chipped on the sensor so I decided to go ahead and replace it, since it was one of those things that could have been affecting the 'hunting' idle.
>
>I put the wrench on it, twisted CCW, and much to my surprise it popped loose easily.  PO must have used never-seize, but that's asking a bit much, since he never did anything correctly maintenace wise.  After I get it out, I realize that he did not install a crush washer and the threaded part is still in the exhaust pipe.  I had the sensor in my hand and only the outermost threaded part is left in the pipe.  Has anyone had this happen and how did you get it out?  I tried an easy out, but it just won't budge.  I used PB Blaster, Corrosion X, heat, and a few choice cuss words, nothing is working.
>
>Mike   TPS   1630

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: