Re: [DML] Stainless in coolant system

Marc

I don't think that this is the case. Of course I might be wrong...
Two metals with fluid between them creates a very crude battery. Factory
made battery is the same thing, it just uses metals and fluids that are
better for the task. Shorting the two electrodes does not stop the reaction
in the battery... it causes exactly the opposite. It speeds up the process
to the maximum. Everyone knows what happens if you short the battery
terminals - sparks, lots of current and the battery gets hot. The reaction
will continue at maximum speed until the chemicals neutralize.
I believe that shorting the SS part of the system with aluminum part of the
system will speed the reaction up significantly. Of course before the
reaction can neutralize the different metals in the system you will end up
with a hole somewhere. No problem if the reaction attacks one of the
aluminum pipes close to the overflow bottle - you can replace that part
easily. If it decides to attack the engine block..... you're in trouble.

Just my opinion

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
Google earth: 52°25'17.30"N 21° 1'58.00"E
dmctom@xxxxxxxxx
www.deloreana.com