From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
gullwingmag
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 3:29 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: DeLorean reliability

--- In HYPERLINK "mailto:dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com"dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@..-.> wrote:
IMHO reliablitity is DIRECTLY related to the amount of preventive
maintainence performed. If you just drive the car till it stops and
then repair only what's broken that is not the definition of "Well
Maintained".

David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

While I agree with you in principal, sometimes reality has something
else in store for you.

Before we left Gettysburg a car in our group sprung a leak... not an
old hose, or old rad, or worn out waterpump... things preventive
maintainence would have caught. This leak sprung in the aluminum water
pipe by the the water bottle.... a hole was rubbed in it by the heat
riser pipe! Rob Grady was kind enough to help us find this very
unusual leak... Rob said he has only seen this a few times. So,
everybody add this to your list of things to just look at and check
because "normal" maintainence my not have you checking on something
like this.

We also replaced an alternator that was only 1 year old. It was
replaced last year before the Houston show just because it was starting
to show signs of weakness. Who would have ever guessed the new one
would fail within a year.

Anyway... just pointing out that sometimes even well maintained cars
come up with some unexpected "off the radar" failures.

Ron
DeLorean Midstate Club
"...still no dues and going strong"

Checked by AVG.