From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Dick Ryan
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 11:13 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] DeLorean reliability

As I read posts about the "evils of K-Jet", angle drive demons, and
more, I'm almost afraid to post this, but what the heck, cowards
can't enjoy life.

Leslie and I just concluded a 5500 mile trip which we started on June
8. I'd like to tell David and the rest of you that the car is stock
and that is why we had such great "luck", but that ain't so. We've
got twin turbos, Rob's lowered front springs, John Hervey's
alternator, Don Steger's "amped" sound system, etc., etc., etc.

We ran at 75+ mph whenever the speed limits would allow it and often
when they wouldn't. We got 25.1 mpg overall. The K-Jet was
perfect, as usual. The angle drive (now with over 100,000 miles on
it) never missed a beat.

Perfect? No, we have a very small pin hole leak in a "heater hose".
Kept an eye on it, but keep in mind how old it is, and we have no
complaints. We will replace that hose this week. Oh, and we do need
to adjust the emergency brake.

Bragging? No! But, I so often hear comments and read postings about
DeLorean problems that I thought it was time to tell the other side
of the story.

Leslie and I put 10-12,000 on our DeLorean every summer. It is "our
summer road car". Since May 1 the car has been driven 9,000 miles.
(Yeah, what with 500 inches of snow last winter - seriously - we
don't drive it in the winter.)

WHILE THE DREAM LIVES - - IF YOU AREN'T DRIVING IT, YOU ARE NOT
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!

Dick Ryan
Vin 16867

Checked by AVG.