From: mike clemens <rmclemns@xxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, July 6, 2008 5:08:04 PM
Subject: [DML] ACCELERATION PROBLEM

Josh's car has once again got me stumped. Here's what is happening: Start the car up and it idles right on specs, try to give it gas and it wants to hesitate and almost quit. Back off the gas, it goes back to idle. As the car warms up, you can get more and more rpm but never full throttle. After the car is warmed up to where the fans come on, the idle hunts up and down, between 650 and 850 rpm. The car starts backfiring if you try to go above 5000 rpm. If you move the throttle off the microswitch that controls the frequency valve, idle stabilizes at 950-100 rpm.

The plugs are new, the idle speed motor is new, the injectors have been cleaned by JH and are all working. All vacuum lines have either been checked or are new, no leaks.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

Mike TPS 1630

.

<*> Your email settings: