Re: [DML] ACCELERATION PROBLEM

It cetainly *could* be a plugged catalytic convertor. Not the first
thing I would check but a possibilty. Was the car ever running rich?
Did the convertor or the muffler ever glow red? If so then it is very
possible the "cat" is "cooked". Otherwise check out the Lambda system.
Do you hear the frequency valve buzzing when the motor is running? Get
a dwell meter on the diagnostic connector and see what it is doing.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marty McFly <fluxat88mph@...> wrote:

> Take of the catalyst converter off and see how it runs without it. A
guy at a tech session had the same problem for months and we went
through everything and tried everything. Turn es out the catalyst
converter over heated at some point in the past and was clogged up and
causing a back fire in the system when he accelerated.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)