Re: [DML] Lotus Esprit Rear Suspension

Mike

I understand their approach of minimalism - use as little parts as possible
and make them at light weight as possible. That might explain the front
setup.... Although I still think they went overboard with those control
arms.
Their approach will never explain the design of the lower mount of the rear
shock. Why is it at 90 degrees to the actual movement? Beats me... it simply
doesn't work!
My frame will be heavier that the original. I don't know by how much at this
point but it will be in the range of 20kg (about 44lbs) or so. But, I really
don't care about the increase in weight if I gain so much from it. That kind
of difference would be equal to the difference between half and full tank of
gas. I don't believe it will impact the acceleration or fuel economy. At the
same time it will improve the ride and handling by so much that it is well
worth it.

I will keep you posted on the progress. I'm working on a website that will
be part of my current site. There, I will be posting pictures with
descriptions... and the results of course.

Wish me luck ;)

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
Google earth: 52°25'17.30"N 21° 1'58.00"E
dmctom@xxxxxxxxx
www.deloreana.com