[DML] Re: Farrar's distrubutor - theory.

[DML] Re: Farrar's distrubutor - theory.

As the fire started in a confined area(inside the Distributor)there
is just only so much that can go wrong in there..electrical wise,and
I have never heard of a electrical ark,inside a Distributor causing a
meltdown/fire...those type of things are usually caused by a
electrical short,since of course a spark does not have Amps behind it
to do much harm....(otherwise 99% of the DML'ers would be dead by
now..who has never been zapped!!)but a constant 12V does have the
backup to do exactly what happened,and where INSIDE the Distributor
is there a constant 12v to cause a short,but in the items mentioned
in my previous postings...I am not saying that is WHAT caused the
meltdown....as what was said it was a internal fire inside the
Disturber that started it,but what else is there  INSIDE the
Distributor that has a constant 12V that could CAUSE such a fire,a
simple thing like a bad or weak or damaged part,that shorts out with
a constant 12V applied will ALWAYS heat up and melt/burn,each car
part is different,just because it happened in his car,does not mean
it could happen in your car...you have to have the exact conditions
to happen again...maybe there was one more added element,that was
added to the above(such as the .050 gap on the spark plugs)that was
the stress factor... that was the final say,or maybe a worn/weak part
inside the Distributor,that caused the Distributor to short out and
burn,that is WHY you cannot compare it to yours,until each item is
removed and dissembled and examined carefully no one will know for
sure.
Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "welmoedj" <joe.dalton@...> wrote:

> Claude,
>
> If that was what happened to Farrar's car/ignition, why didn't it
> happen to mine?
> Farrar and I both have the same ignition setup and should you have
> read my post carefully, you would notice that I drove quite a couple
> of miles more than Farrar's car did.
>
> You should not try to pose assumption as a proven reality.
>
> Welmoed.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: