RE: [DML] Dear DMA Members...

Tiffany:

Having been in the same situation (as you stated below) I can completely
sympathize for what you are having to deal with.  This was my reason for
stepping down a year early as a DMA officer and removing myself from the
club as an official after nearly 7 1/2 years of service.   I felt (my
personal opinion) that Dan was self concerned and biased to his own views
and agendas and twisted facts to achieve his purposes.

The advice I can offer you is simply this:  Resign.  Take your higher morals
and what you have learned from this and apply it to a greater good
elsewhere.  I (for example) have decided to focus on helping Ken with DCS

I poured my heart and soul into building the DMA up for the past several
years.  I care about the club and its members, and MANY times put the clubs
needs before my own so that it would succeed and grow.  Cheryl and I devoted
many hours of our personal time (and funds) to making sure events were the
best they could be, and adding extra little items as the "topping on the
cake"

It saddened me GREATLY to walk away and do what I did.  The DMA is like an
extended family to Cheryl and I, but the constant battles with Dan were not
worth the drain they caused on me.   It became clear to Marc and I that the
members (for the most part) only care about having a good event, and not
about the internal politics.  At the end of it all, I looked back and said
"I think its time for me to focus on other areas of my life, and let other
people pull weight to carry the club."

While I have the highest regard for several of your fellow officers, I do
find it discouraging that you were made to feel this way.   I still support
the club, participation going forward is under very careful consideration.

Good luck in your decision.

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680
www.grenexmedia.com