[DML] Re: It's just a car club, why the power trip? DMA MEMBERS READ!

[DML] Re: It's just a car club, why the power trip? DMA MEMBERS READ!

As important as this may be to you, you will find that 99.9% of people
don't seem to give a damm. Most members are just happy there is a club
and that it holds events once-in-a-while. This issue is not uncommon
whenever a group of people get together, someone tries to wrest
control. Sometimes it is a benevolent dictator, sometimes not. My
Uncle had a great saying, "If the fish stinks, look to the head"! BTW
there is no great reward for showing everyone that the Emperor has no
clothes on! People will "kill the messenger". Never mind about the
obvious problems that are pointed out. And for the few members that
vote with their feet, ie, they leave the club, the rational is no one
will miss the troublemakers. Isn't it funny how History keeps
repeating itself? No one seems to learn from other's mistakes. Now you
can appreciate what dangers there are in a National club. I WROTE
those By-Laws and put those controls into it. I guess it didn't take
much effort to rewrite them!!!!!!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> I realize the content of this message is targeted to DeLorean Mid
Atlantic members.  However, I think it is a good topic for discussion
for any DeLorean clubs.  It seems there is a trend of people
volunteering for leadership roles within the DeLorean community, and
people who were previously close friends and people I respected have
become MAD WITH POWER.  We have seen this in the past with the DOA, as
well as other regional clubs.  The DMA is close to my heart because I

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)