From: "cbl1739" <cbl302@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:45:52
To:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: DOA, and car club politics.

Or he can just startup HIS OWN Yahoo Groups,and leave it open for all
to read and see and ask questions.

It only takes a few minutes to startup a Yahoo groups site...Rather
than use the DML bandwidth.And it will be all grouped together onto
one site,rather than mixed in with other unrelated postings on the
DML.

Claude

See what happens when no one is looking....

http://tinyurl.com/57hqnu

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Johnny Sawyer" <johnny.sawyer@...>
wrote:

> So let me get this straight...we (as individuals) must contact Ken
B. in
> order to get answers?  Let me me remind you that Ken B. is the one
who
> started all of this.  If HE has something to say, HE can do it
right here
> right now just like the rest of us.
>
> I see no reason to call someone long distance when we have an open
fourm
> right here.
>
> Johnny
> 5518
> AZ-D
>

> On 6/20/08, outatime81 <outatime81@...> wrote:
> >
> >   Here is my suggestion to you Marc. Pick up the phone call Ken
and
> > YOU can relay to the group the details of your conversation. You
> > labeling him as "unwilling" is negative and totally unfair. How
> > about you take the lead since you are now slamming me for not
> > relaying all the details of my talk with him.
> >
> > Tom Watkins
> >
> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com>, Marc
Levy
> > <malevy_nj@> wrote:
> > >
> > > That was me!! Although, not exactly what I said; It was
something
> > more along the lines of "it should be documented". I am sure Ken B
> > has the e-mail I sent him.
> > >
> > > So, what is so wrong about having a public record of what was
> > said? Many of the complaints about the DOA have been secrecy. Why
> > is Ken B unwilling to simply publish exactly what he told you on
the
> > telephone for all of us to read?
> > >
> > > Why don't you tell us what he said, instead of just how you felt
> > about what he said?
> > >
> > > Lots of people read the DML. Isn't it easier for the DOA to get
> > the word out on this list instead of taking 1000+ calls from all
of
> > the readers one at a time?
> > >
> > > Just as a general statement, there are 2 reasons people get in
> > to "politics" (even if it is as minor as the politics of a car
> > club). First reason is for power over SOMETHING (ANYTHING), ego
and
> > admiration. The other reason is for the good of the community. My
> > experience has taught me that politicians who want to keep things
> > secret are NOT doing what is in the best for the "people" (or
> > members). If they were, they would have no problem making sure it
is
> > well documented. Even if someone becomes an officer "to serve",
> > sometimes those people slowly become power hungry. Keeping
> > everything public is the best way to stop that from happening....
> > *ALL* clubs should heed this warning. :)
> > >

> > > --- On Thu, 6/19/08, outatime81 <outatime81@> wrote:
> > >
> > > the same. There is nothing sinister about his wanting to talk to
> > > people on the phone....for God's sake! It's my understanding
one of
> > > you "wanted it in writing". If all of you jump down this guys
> > > throat we may lose a change at someone who seems to REALLY care
> > > about the future of our community.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: