[DML] Re: DOA, and car club politics.

The way I see it,

BOTTOM line is the Bottom Line on the DML membership,they see the
membership count on the DML (at this moment at 2135) And I am  sure
their shrinking Membership count....If they had 2135 members at even
the Minimum $90.00 per year membership per year...That would come out
to a shocking total of $ 192,150.00...Now,I know there are costs to
running a club, BUT... I have to say what in Heck does a car club do
with that kind of money....Even if you take for any shows and
magazines,it would not even come close to using a third of that...

They tried to stop Espey from forming this site, and failed,they
stopped others from forming a national club,and won,they tried to
come on the DML in the past with promises of change and failed(to get
any reasonable new members)Then they came back with offers of a free
offer of appox 12.5 years of back issues of DW and that failed to get
reasonable new memberships,Now out of the blue comes this "new
strategy" replace the board members,with DML MEMBERS...HOW
Brilliant!!!...The old saying if you cannot beat them down, become
part of them...then beat them down.

That will build ...CON..fidence to get people to join alright!!

Until Mr.B and his clan are proven beyond a doubt that they no longer
have anything to do with the DOA..it will be business as usual.Get
the new members $90.00 fee in any way possible,no matter what it
takes,to make people believe in the DOA and join.
Claude

P.S. On a side note:

If you leave the Yahoo group wide open...there is no need to "join"
The site COULD be setup from any DOA restrictions,IF THEY SO
CHOOSE..again if it is left open and free to use, Just read and type
in your questions,rather then get a mixmaster of DOA postings on the
DML.

I do not mind reading  the postings about the DOA...but at some point
in time I do hope the Moderator has sense to choke this thing off!!
it has to STOP...otherwise the DML might as well change it's name
from the DML to the DOA.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kevin Abato" <delorean@...> wrote:

> That would only further the concept of causing a rift in the
community by opening their own yahoo group and giving what
they 'might' call a following based on who joins just to get info.

> The topic is relevant to the Delorean community as a whole, and
should not be moved OFF the DML to a separate forum owned and
operated by the DOA (subject to their rules, interpretations, and
moderation)

> Kevin Abato
> VIN# 16680
> www.grenexmedia.com

[very long quote trimmed, ironically, by moderator]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)