[DML] Re: Help PLEASE - Keeps dying on idle after start

[DML] Re: Help PLEASE - Keeps dying on idle after start

Has any work been done in the recent past? Do you hear the Lambda
Frequency valve buzzing? Is the gasoline fresh or is it stale? It
could be a malfunction in the idle motor circuit. Start by making sure
that when the throttle spool is at idle it hits (sets) the idle mico.
If the floor mat moved it *could* be preventing the gas pedal from
getting all the way back to idle. Is the battery almost dead or is it
well charged? If you had to jump the car to get it started it could be
the battery is too low to properly run the ignition ECU, the idle ECU
nad the Lambda ECU. Vacuum leaks can also cause this. Look and see if
a plug is in the hole over the mixture screw. Did the car get wet
recently? You could have water in the spark plug wells. Just a few
easy things to check.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DMC 3488" <dmc3488@...> wrote:

> I tried asking this before, but I think everyone was busy at DCS.
Usually
> when I start up, it turns over, I give it one rev and it sits and
idles with
> no problem.  Now however, I do the same except instead of idling
nice, the
> RPM's drop and it dies.  Try again, same thing.  To make a long
story short,
> it keeps doing this at idle, but cruising down the road is no
problem (no
> sputters or anything).  This just happened suddenly.  I took the car
to a
> show in another town without incident.  The next time I went to
start (A few
> days later) this problem started.  Warren at DMC said to look for vacuum
> leaks, but I cant find any.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jace
> VIN 3488