[DML] Re: DeLorean Thoughts

The only drawback with carbs is that once setup correct,from that
time and moment on it deteriorates from it's setting,in other
words,you will have to do constant adjustments to compensate for wear
and tear on the ignition parts,such as the spark gap getting
larger/worn ,timing, dist.cap wear,choke adjustments etc.
And of course the gas mileage will be less since carbs are not as
precise as F.I.
And you will have to either adapt the OEM air cleaner to the carb,or
do a ram air setup(you DO NOT want a open air cleaner in the DMC
engine compartment!!) Too much hot air in there!

Unlike with F.I. and on-board computer control,that compensates for
wear and tear in the performance of the engine,and automatically
adjusts itself it will also sense and automatically adjust for
temp,speed,performance,and any problem that is encountered with the
engine,and at worst case the on board Computer Control will  set you
up on "limp home mode"(check engine light on) to get you home or to a
service center.

Where as with a carb,it will just stop running and strand you on the
side of the road..all tho with the K-Jet it does that anyway!!

Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary Hull" <Specialty@...> wrote:

> Ok guys. The discussion of this topic has put me over the edge.
Carbureting
> a poorly running FI car can make it run better. Putting FI on a
poorly
> running Carbureted car can make it run better.
>

> I understand that what a few people say on the DML is not
representative of
> the whole community, but there are a few that can make it seem that
way.

> Have fun. After I hit Send, I'm unsubscribing.
>

> Gary
>
> IN2TIME

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional