From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Matt Metzinger
Sent: 05 May 2008 04:56
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] VIN 961 up for sale

Hello fellow DMLers,

I am offering VIN 961 up for sale. I will be posting pics in the
Photos section under "961 photos".

1981 DeLorean DMC-12
VIN digits: xxx00961
Manufactured April 1981
Black interior / 5-speed manual transmission

I have the Carfax information as of purchase in 2002 if anyone would
like a copy. It was first titled in Dallas, Tx (1981). Second in
Wichita, KS (1986). Third to myself in Arkansas City, KS (2002).

Purchased with 12,275 miles. Current odometer reads 16,370 miles.

It has always been garaged and well maintained. Has been serviced by
DMC Texas in 2003 plus parts installed from all vendors over past 6
years. Extensive restoration includes...

Electrical parts replacement and updates including:
Relays, alternator, battery, battery cutoff switch
Front End Frame recall completed
Fuel system rebuilt from pump to distributor
Brake system rebuilt by DMC Texas 2003
Trailing arm bolts replaced DMC Texas 2003
Parking brake system repaired - driver rear pad assy replaced
Passenger window motor replaced
Interior is black leather, clean, dash is in good condition, not
cracked - all original. Includes black DMC floor mats
New Cooper Cobra GT tires (Less than 4,000 miles on them in 5 years)
Master and slave clutch cylinders have been replaced
Numerous other items have been updated or replaced
AC Idler pulleys and assembly replaced

List of needs:
Will need radio and speakers replaced - stock deck almost dead
Will need passenger door weatherstripping / air hiss at highway speeds
Will need steering column bushing replaced (have part)

Some spare parts and manuals may be negotiated in sale - fuel filter,
wiper blades, headlight replacements, relays, etc.
Parts manual, Workshop manual, Technical manual, and all my receipts
and records will be passed on to buyer

I am willing to deliver in the 48 contiguous states by personal truck
and trailer with an agreed charge per mile to recoup cost of gas and
time. This can be negotiated prior to delivery by contract.

Asking $25,000 / O.B.O.

VIN 961 has always ran strong and has had no major mechanical
failures on me. Ran 2003 DMC Open House drag track 18 times in
succession without overheating or any noticeable problems.

Please contact me by phone 620-441-9788 or email HYPERLINK
"mailto:dmcvin961%40yahoo.com"dmcvin961@xxxxxxxxxx
for any information or questions you may have. If anyone is in the
Kansas/Oklahoma area I would be more than happy to let you take it
for a test drive.

Thanks,

Matt Metzinger
Arkansas City, KS (I-35 Exit 4, 20 miles east)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)