[DML] Re: VIN 961 up for sale

Chris,

Thanks for the compliments. However, the Camaro muffler system was
installed on a gentlemen's car from Washington state. I believe his
first name was Lee. He had also mated up a different transmission to
the car if I recall. It pulled my 5 speed stock by 1.5 to 2 seconds
on the 1/4 mile. His VIN ran in the 10xx and we were suprised that
our cars had many similar traits. Sadly I kept in touch for a year or
two and his DMC was wrecked due to a careless SUV driver and totalled
out. I haven't heard from him since.

Would you contact me off list in order for me to get a copy of your
video?

Thanks,

Matt Metzinger
Arkansas City, KS
VIN 961 for sale

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Hawes" <christopherhawes@...>
wrote:

> Matt was kind enough to allow me to do a few runs in his car at the
Houston
> Raceway in 2003.  I thought the Camaro muffler sounded amazing (is
it still
> fitted to the car?)!  It was one of the best DeLoreans I have ever
driven
> and I still have the footage if any prospective buyers want to see
it.

> Kind regards,
>
> Chris Hawes
>
> Vin 5255
>

>    _____

Behalf Of
> [...]
>

> Hello fellow DMLers,
>
> I am offering VIN 961 up for sale. I will be posting pics in the
> Photos section under "961 photos".
>
> 1981 DeLorean DMC-12
> VIN digits: xxx00961
> Manufactured April 1981
> Black interior / 5-speed manual transmission
>
> I have the Carfax information as of purchase in 2002 if anyone
would
> like a copy. It was first titled in Dallas, Tx (1981). Second in
> Wichita, KS (1986). Third to myself in Arkansas City, KS (2002).
>
> Purchased with 12,275 miles. Current odometer reads 16,370 miles.
>
> It has always been garaged and well maintained. Has been serviced
by
> DMC Texas in 2003 plus parts installed from all vendors over past 6
> years. Extensive restoration includes...
>
> Electrical parts replacement and updates including:
> Relays, alternator, battery, battery cutoff switch
> Front End Frame recall completed
> Fuel system rebuilt from pump to distributor
> Brake system rebuilt by DMC Texas 2003
> Trailing arm bolts replaced DMC Texas 2003
> Parking brake system repaired - driver rear pad assy replaced
> Passenger window motor replaced
> Interior is black leather, clean, dash is in good condition, not
> cracked - all original. Includes black DMC floor mats
> New Cooper Cobra GT tires (Less than 4,000 miles on them in 5 years)
> Master and slave clutch cylinders have been replaced
> Numerous other items have been updated or replaced
> AC Idler pulleys and assembly replaced
>
> List of needs:
> Will need radio and speakers replaced - stock deck almost dead
> Will need passenger door weatherstripping / air hiss at highway
speeds
> Will need steering column bushing replaced (have part)
>
> Some spare parts and manuals may be negotiated in sale - fuel
filter,
> wiper blades, headlight replacements, relays, etc.
> Parts manual, Workshop manual, Technical manual, and all my
receipts
> and records will be passed on to buyer
>
> I am willing to deliver in the 48 contiguous states by personal
truck
> and trailer with an agreed charge per mile to recoup cost of gas
and
> time. This can be negotiated prior to delivery by contract.
>
> Asking $25,000 / O.B.O.
>
> VIN 961 has always ran strong and has had no major mechanical
> failures on me. Ran 2003 DMC Open House drag track 18 times in
> succession without overheating or any noticeable problems.
>
> Please contact me by phone 620-441-9788 or email HYPERLINK
> "mailto:dmcvin961%40yahoo.com"dmcvin961@...
> for any information or questions you may have. If anyone is in the
> Kansas/Oklahoma area I would be more than happy to let you take it
> for a test drive.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Metzinger
> Arkansas City, KS (I-35 Exit 4, 20 miles east)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)