[DML] Re: $20K DeLorean Rule

Umm,I would not say that,it just depends on how patient you are with
your Delorean,but basically if you buy a Delorean with a reasonably
decent drive train, frame, and Black-body and SS panels,you are
already half way there,the parts can be found on Ebay for reasonable
prices...sometimes dirt cheap,since ebay has been around,there has
not been any part that could not be found on that site at very
reasonable rates,and in some cases wholesale lots!!
I had it "easy" when I was restoring deloreans,as it was just a
matter of finding a parts car,since any Delorean in the 1980's that
was totaled was ripe fruit ready for the plucking,I knew that all the
undamaged parts would be as new,since the cars were still "new".So in
the case of the Deloreans the 20K rule can be broken if someone is
wise enough to look around for the good deals on Ebay and other
sites,it may take some effort...but it can be done.If you go on Ebay
at any time you will find parts selling for a fraction of what a
vendor sells them for.Now if you buy all vendor parts,then the 20-30K
rule applies!! Example: Right now I need a Toyota electric fuel pump
dealer cost $329.99,located one on Ebay $24.99 plus 6.50 shipping OEM
NEW !!

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Farrar Hudkins" <fhudkins@...> wrote:

> I would say $30k is right considering inflation and rising cost of
> parts and supplies. I bought mine for $28,500 (which admittedly
> included what I call the "fanboy tax" for the Bobby allison history)
> and will probably spend about $500 when all is said and done to make
> it a daily driver.
>
> Farrar Hudkins
> #2613 (auto)

<*> Your email settings: