[DML] Re: New Gas Blends and older cars (Martin Gutkowski) Carbureation

[DML] Re: New Gas Blends and older cars (Martin Gutkowski) Carbureation

You fail to mention one of the biggest draw-backs with your conversion
to a carbureator. You are probably the only person in the world
qualified to work on the car. There is no parts book or service manual
that can help anyone with your fuel system. Even a Delorean vendor
would not want to touch it. The simplest thing, changing the fuel
filter, is impossible unless you created enough documentation so you
know what you actually have in the car and how to replace it. In most
States you would NOT pass an inspection for tampering with the stock
system. I encourage innovation and personalizing each car but realize
that what you have done may be good for you and you are happy with it
but the majority of Delorean owners are better served by staying as
close to stock as they can (at least for the mechanical systems). Not
everyone is as handy as you. BTW that '76 carbureator is not going to
like anything more than 5% Ethanol before the float melts. The K-jet
should be able to get up to 15% before the "O" rings start to swell.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> [moderator's note: this thread has become barely on-topic.  Further
posts should be related to the car, the man, and ownership. ]

> [Better cut & paste this paragraph first to keep things topical]:
> Regarding K-Jet vapor issues: The injectors open around 45 PSI or so.
> Don't know how much PSI fuel vapors produce (enough to sometimes shut
> a gas pump off when you first try to fill the tank), but if the vapors
> were more than 45 PSI, wouldn't they crack the injectors and bleed the
> lines at least back down to there? The pump puts out nearly twice
> injector pressure, so it should have no problem pushing them from the
> rear. Of course you're dependent upon the air sensor plate & me

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)