RE: [DML] Re: clutch

As a home mechanic my self (Trained and certified) I will say this.

Hacked wiring, sloppy finishing work, Damage to other parts, etc can never
be called professional in ay car, Delorean, Honda, or whatever.  Period.

If on occasion another part is broken during a process it is to be fixed or
replaced before returning it to the customer.  A good mechanic will test
drive a car at both high speed (highway) and low speeds (street) before
turning it back over to an owner.

A mechanic who had worked on deloreans will be quicker and know what to
listen for in the car but a regular mechanic who is good and does quality
work can do the job.  One thing to look for in a mechanic is to watch what
he/she does BEFORE he/she starts work.  A good mechanic will read through
the procedures before starting something he/she has never done to get an
idea of what needs to be done.  A bad mechanic will turn to the manual after
he/she runs into a problem.

As far as home made parts, some mechanics can do this very well.  It depends
on the part and most don't do this very well.  Home made parts can be an
only resort if there is no replacement and the old part can not be repaired.

There have been very few good mechanics that I have found anywhere.  Both of
the ones I knew and worked on all my cars have since retired.  I have not
found one that I trust here in town yet.

Richard