From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 10:18:04 AM
Subject: Re: [DML] Re: clutch

I agree with John 100%.

It is just a car, nothing more.

I could understand more if it was 100% DMC Delorean but face it, this
car is a frankenstein of the automobile world, it has parts on it
from all of the popular MFG's at the time.

I am not a Delorean mechanic and never claimed to be, but with the
mechanical skills I learned through out the years I Pulled my Engine
and transmission, replaced the front and rear main seals, extracted
broken manifold studs, painted the engine bay, replaced the
waterpump, cleaned the VOD, did a DMCH performance exhaust job,
flushed the coolant, rebuilt my CV joints plus many more projects to
the car and never been certified as a Delorean mechanic and my old
car is still running and the engine and transmission hasn't fallen
out yet driving down the road. The new owner is very happy with it
and was amazed at the professional looking job I did with cleaning up
the engine and powdercoating the valve and timing covers along with
the intake manifold. All by not being Delorean certified.

Take your car to a trusted mechanic is all you need to do.

All of the Delorean DMCH shops that just opened up are not Delorean
certified mechanics except for Don Stegar and Rob Grady, the rest are
just mechanics that you find at any Joe's Garage. I am not saying
this is a bad thing at all since there are lots of excellent
mechanics that work at Joe's garage.

Mark V

On Apr 10, 2008, at 9:42 PM, John Hervey wrote:

> David and Group
> The DeLorean is a car and not a God or a something that can't be
> worked on
> by other mechanics. Put it up in the air have a mechanic stand
> under it and
> then take the blindfold off the mechanic and see if he can tell you
> what
> kind of a car it is.
>
> John Hervey
> www.specialtauto. com