[DML] Re: clutch

John, I only mention that if it is possible it is generally better to
have an experienced shop work on a Delorean. A job (like a clutch)
would take an experienced shop a lot less time and they would have all
of the parts needed on hand and would know what to expect. Obviously
any competent mechanic CAN work on a Delorean, it is just that it will
probably take him longer to do it for the simple fact that he is just
not familiar with the car. If his labor rate is low enough it could
just be a wash, especially if there is no Delorean vendor nearby and
travel (or towing ) is going to be a big expense. Aamcos can be
hit-or-miss. It all depends on the mechanic and his prior experience.
Another factor to consider is that there may be a backlog at any
particular Delorean vendor and it may take quite a while for them to
actually do the work. You can also be sure that since the Delorean
vendors know the car so intimately it is very likely they will find a
lot of other expensive work that needs to be done!!!!!! Rarely will
you find a 25 + year old car that "just" needs a clutch!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@...> wrote:

> David and Group
> The DeLorean is a car and not a God or a something that can't be
worked on
> by other mechanics. Put it up in the air have a mechanic stand under
it and
> then take the blindfold off the mechanic and see if he can tell you what
> kind of a car it is.
> Have you taken or gone to a DeLorean Proper vendor other than Rob as
James
> used to say to have a clutch job done. Take along your first born, a
bank

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: