Re: [DML] Tire pressure was proper wheel alignment specs

Re: [DML] Tire pressure was proper wheel alignment specs

Thanks for the post Bill...

A bit of interesting info there about geometry.   Guess I'll be a little
less surprised when I eventually get my 'D' and get it up on a service
rack :)  Like I mentioned, there are very FEW things I do NOT like about
the car, one of which was the 'reverse rake' (look) I mentioned - but that
may have just been a very few photos I've seen and NOT the norm.  The
other is the blank space between tire and fenderwell, hence the height of
the DeLo off the roadway,  IMHO appearance would be much improved if it
were a bit closer to the road and less space showing above the tires.  I
may experiment when that a little when I have one in hand.  I grew up
driving a '63 Polara with 'Original' Grey Crager Mags, slightly lowered in
the front with a nice stiff set of overloads and air shocks in the back -
but THAT was an ex-bracket quarter-miler, so it was helpful to have that
weight shifted to the front a little and a bit more room to move should
the front tires come off the ground (which they DID occasionally ;)
Having never driven a DeLo, much less even ridden in one :((  I have no
idea what to expect or what is norm.
Hope to find out SOON!!!

On the subject of "spare(s)", I see NO REASON NOT to carry one, and after
seeing MANY of these 'doughnuts' come intot eh shop - my vote would be for
a fullsize spare.  Personally I would rather NOT be stuck out in the
desert with a flat (and I've come close to giving these folks that use
"Fix-A-Flat" as a 'spare' a piece of my mind!!  But realized I couldn't
'spare' it  ;)  The first tire I changed where FAF had been used, just
about knocked me on my keyster...  I was dizzy from the chems in that junk
for the rest of that work day...
Getting back to my point...   I would NOT want to be stuck out in the
desert (or in a metro/big city) area at the mercy of a tow-truck driver
that has never hooked up a DeLo (or around those that would like to cart
it off while I'm taking the tire to the nearest shop to be patched (btw, I
am not a fan of plugs) and strip the car for parts)...
So...   *I* Will be carrying a spare :)
I am curious as to what the reasons were for NOT carrying a spare ?!

Thanks for your input to this thread, Bill...

Bruce LeGrande
#????

PS: I am no longer employed as a 'tire professional'.  That position ended
November of 2006 when the owner and I had a personality conflict.  But
I'll never forget what I learned during that time (near 3 years) of my
life.  Experience is a great teacher and I took every chance I had to
research any periodicals and tech-info on tires that I could find
preparing to fill the manager position in that shop...  (but we won't get
into that here)  Fortunately I'm still on good terms with the fellow that
ended up with that job after I left, and I've been told I have access to
the bays any time I need.

--

Finally - A spam blocker that actually works.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/4

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: