From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Dick Ryan
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 7:06 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Carburetion Saves The Day -- Cold Start Valve (Elvis
Nocita)

Before I get flamed by anybody or everybody, let me just say that I am
not taking sides with Martin, Elvis, Bill, or anyone else.

Now, having said that, and knowing that I have many more DeLorean
miles under my belt than most of the contributors, let me just say
that I have never experienced the "problem" being discussed here.
(Once I had something similar, but it turned out to be a loose hose
connection on the turbo input pipes - tightened the clamps and Vroom
went the engine.) Am I just lucky?

Considering my miles on two DeLoreans, one automatic and one 5 speed;
 47,000 miles on a stock engine and the remaining 170,000+ miles on
turbo charged engines, I just find it more than a bit interesting that
a) warm start problems are apparently suddenly rearing their ugly
head; and b) that the knowledge of this group can't seem to even begin
to arrive at the cause.

C'mon Rob, Steven, Dave, Don, Toby and others let's have some vendor
input.

Dick Ryan
Vin 16867

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> No, apparently I am the bad guy because I actually had the temerity to
> point out that if DeLoreans are vapor locking all over the place, in
> the middle of winter no less, then they are the first cars in fuel
> injection history to have such a wide spread affliction.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)