[DML] Re: Repeated Questions Solution: DeLorean Tech Wiki?

[DML] Re: Repeated Questions Solution: DeLorean Tech Wiki?

Joe, this is really funny as a good friend of mine who recently
left the forum and was so badly critizised by many people here,
did exactly what you are asking for.

He spent a lot of time in building a website and several HowTo's
to help people to fix their cars.
His Howto's are very detailed with pictures and son on, but
people did not really care about it. Instead they find it more
helpful to write emails to over 1000 people from where they receive
5 different answers (some of the good, some totally wrong) instead
to google for a minute and to get everything they need.

OK, the social contact is important and makes fun, it's a part of
owning a Delorean. But it is very disappointing to do such a lot
of work to find out, that people do not care about it or want to
have it written for them personal. And very often they do not even
want to know how it works or what the problem is. To me it seems
they want to find somebody who does the work for them or they want
an easy fix like a Delorean-Door-Adjusting Spray....

here is Jordan's webside:

http://mydelorean.net/

AND here's THE source:

http://www.dmcnews.com/techmain.htm

When I bought my car the first thing was to get the manuals and to
read whatever I thought might need to be fixed. If I still had
questions (and I had a looot of them !) I asked othe owners. But
first I tried to understand the basic stuff.
Is this too much for today new owners ?

Don't misunderstand me - I love to help newbies, and I helped
many so far. But everything on this "Forum" is repeated so often.
Why ?
Describe it once. Correctly. and forget the sometimes very strange
theories of some people....

This mailing list sends each email to over 1000 email addresses,
but only about 20 are writing here. This means about over 900
get their mailbox stuffed and try to filter the useful stuff for
them. 1000 mails - and some people here are using this list as their
personal chatroom!!!

I'd like to get informed about new stuff, the DCS and so on, but I
really do not care if somebody wants to participate at something or
not. Many mails per day doesn't mean high quality !!!!

This mailing list used to be very very good - I'd like to see it
again like it was once....worth to read it....

Elvis & 6548

> Has anyone thought of setting up a DeLorean Tech Wiki?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)