RE: [DML] Ethical Sports Cars...

Thanks, Josh!

I only mention the frames because after reading this list for many years
now (8+), that seems to be the single biggest problem with these cars.
Granted the TAB failures can be potentially as unsafe/catastrophic but
those can be remedied relatively easily.  Given how relatively few
DeLoreans exist, I have been surprised about how many people have had to
make significant repairs or complete frame replacements.  For a company
(Pearce) to actually manufacture a SS frame for a very low population of
cars indicates that there is a need.  From what I've read on the list,
the epoxy cracks and will actually trap moisture, road salt, etc.
against the (ungalvanized) steel and accelerate the rust.  I have also
read on the list that the undercoating applied to the later cars
(1983??) was done at dealers or QACs to actually mask the surface rust
that had formed while the cars languished at the docks in Ireland and/or
the QACs themselves.  It has been some time since I read that so maybe I
am mistaken.

Thanks for the book recommendations!

Al