[DML] Fun facts DCS Gettysburg

Here are a few fun facts from DCS 08

1. We have 273 rooms gone so far that exceeds Chicago so far by about  20.
2. Raffle tickets for 2008 are two months ahead of 06 and a full 3 months
ahead of 04.
3. More tickets are sold for the raffle car to date to people outside the
US. (17 so far)
4. Big surprise here NJ is leading the list of registrations followed by CA
then OH and PA and LA all tied.
5. This is the first car show that will feature a driving event. (Thursday
Obstacle course)
6. This show will have the most guests/speakers based on early commitment
7. This show will have the most new guest/speakers of any show to date if
all guest that have expressed interest come.
8. This show will utilize the most floor space of any of the previous  shows.
 We will use 86,000 total SQ FT of space in both the convention  center and
the Hotel and not counting the outside for the Obstacle course  and Photo line
up space.
9. This is the first show that another car club (Bricklins) will not only
participate but will actually run the event. They are doing the obstacle  course.
10. This by far is the most expensive show to date to put on and will
probably exceed Chicago by about $40K. ( includes Hotel rooms)
11. This will be the first show to not sponsor an alternate hotel.  Once full
we will consider the show sold out.
That will result in 304 rooms at the Eisenhower for DeLorean owners and 60+
rooms for the Bricklin group and that may be a record for them as well.
12. This will be the first show to be run in three different buildings as
mentioned above.  We will use the Allstar convention center, Both Tower I  and
Tower II of the Eisenhower and the breakout rooms.
13. If things continue as we see it going it will be the first show to  close
registration before the show.
I am looking at around 700 to 800 Delorean owners in the 304 rooms and
160-220 people from the Bricklin group. So the show will see around 750 -1000
people. Another record and a huge headache for me :-).
14. We will be doing 1000 T shirts this time beating out Chicago's  735.
15. This will be the first show to put all the cars inside the building.  (If
the owners want you can still park outside) Its a concrete floor so we have
more tolerance.  (NOTE CARS GOING INSIDE NEED 1/4 TANK OF GAS OR  LESS
AFTER THE DRIVING TOUR DO NOT FILL UP)
16. This is the first show to offer Putt putt golf and go carts and other
carnival games (pay per use) on site.
17. This is the first show to have a bus tour as part of the event.  I  find
this a very hard thing to do and based on how it works will set the  precedent
on whether I do this again.  Rob Lamrock has done this in Europe  and my hat
is off to him.  I know what it takes to do this and I hope you  enjoy the tour
for the work involved.  I have done the tour and it was  great.
18. This is the first time that I will not have my kids at the show to  help.
Due to graduations, work schedule and such I am not sure any of my  kids can
make it.  Making this a tougher show to run.
My wife an my son Eric I am proud to say are the Bakers for the Great Wolf
Lodge in Cincinnati.  However at least one has to work as there are only  two
bakers so that hurts.

The next set of fun facts will have more stats and numbers as they come in
so enjoy the fun stuff now :-)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: