Re: [DML] Re:Rear main seal double lip

I am however a former DeLorean owner, and one day will own one again.
I don't know if Matt Spittle is John Hervey's alter ego or just John's
biggest fan but he takes my criticism much harder than John himself. I
do not have a problem with John, I have never met him. It probably
looks like I pick on him, but I try to add my two cents to any vendor
announcements on this list. Especially new parts. John just happens to
post here more than others.

I can't believe Matt has wanted me banned for speaking my mind. I
thought the private emails from him were bad enough. I would think
that any legitimate vendor would like to hear several different points
of view. In this case I was merely joining the conversation about
whether or not the new seals were made by John or sourced from
somewhere else. Apparently they were sourced from another car. That is
fine. I am sure I even said in one of my messages that this seal
should last another 25 years. Presumably it will eventually wear a
groove in the crank and leak. By then there will be another solution.

Anyway, cut me some freakin' slack. I think John does a great job. My
biggest beef was when he claimed to be the last independent DeLorean
vendor. But we already hashed that out, ancient history. If anyone
would like to discuss this in a civil way email me privately or send
me your phone number.

Thanks,

Matthew
Formerly VIN5524
Go here to see why I sold me DeLorean: www.davecoolyracing.com

On Dec 11, 2007 1:30 AM, Matthew <matthew.spittle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [note from Moderator: Please remember that owning a DeLorean is not a
> prerequisite to joining and posting to the DML. Andy, this week's moderator]
>
>  Dick,
>
>  Matthew Cooley, while not a DeLorean owner himself, frequently
>  monitors this list waiting for an opportunity to attempt to
>  de-legitimize John's business.
>
>  I've asked the moderators on more than one occasion to ban him for
>  this reason, but they continue to be kind with him.
>
>  Matt

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: