[DML] Re: Proper transmission drainplug socket

[DML] Re: Proper transmission drainplug socket

The tool you want is this one:

I just got it and with my 1/2" breaker bar I got mine off no
problem, and it was on there good.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?
P65=&tool=all&item_ID=65851&group_ID=260&store=snapon-
store&dir=catalog

Mark W  vin4920

news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, robert parker <roberthparker@...> wrote:

> I just used a "metric" crescent wrench. It is not torqued-up at
150 ft-lbs. Pops loose with minimal use of elbow grease. I might
also recommend using Amsoil Heavy Duty Gear Lubicrant. I did. Makes
things a bit slicker in there. Drive Stainless Robert VIN 6924
> > To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > From: knut.s.grimsrud@...
> > Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:23:59 +0000
> > Subject: [DML] Proper transmission drainplug socket
> >
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm looking for the proper pipe plug socket for the manual
> > transmission drain plug. My calipers indicate it's 10mm, but I
cann't
> > seem to find such a female pipe plug socket. Tooltopia has a
pretty
> > good range of them, but only in standard sizes, and 10mm doesn't
come
> > close to anything reasonable (it's one of the metric sizes
that's a
> > perfect misfit for anything standard sized).
> >
> > Where do you guys get the proper pipe plug socket for the manual
> > transmission drain plug?
> >
> > Knut

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional