[DML] Advice, Opinions, & Assistance Greatly Appreciated!

[DML] Advice, Opinions, & Assistance Greatly Appreciated!

After selling my first DeLorean early last year due to financial concerns I purchased a couple of different lower priced vehicles and worked on them to pass the time but couldn't shake the DeLorean bug.  I attended the Chicago show last year which really stoked my interest again so I decided to try again this year and purchased VIN #2816 in August.  From the start I knew it would need some work but my confidence was higher after talking to folks and working on my former car (VIN #3760)so I figured I was ready for the challenge.  The owner had removed the PRV motor and swapped in a Ford 302 from a 1973 Mercury Comet which was interesting but I always intended to put the original engine back in.  After ordering $600 worth of replacement parts I began the process of preparing the old engine only to discover that a dreaded epoxy repair had been made in the Valley Of Death.  With no signs of a coolant leak my thoughts were that perhaps the motor threw a rod and compromised the block.  At any rate, the engine could not be reinstalled in that shape so I decided I should try and sell the car rather then get in to a financial sandtrap again.  I listed the car at less than what I paid for it but it did not sell on eBay(check out item #180176184557 for more details and photos) which is not surprising due to the time of year but I thought I would try anyway.  So now I'm back where I started except that the only way I can see making my goal happen of getting the car back to specs is to find a replacement engine.  DeLorean Houston wants $5200 for their motors which is WAY out of my league and I'm not sure how readily available used PRV motors are.  I've gotten myself in a bit of a pickle as I truly wanted to make this car original again but a compromised engine block is standing in my way.  The car itself is better than my first one with a nice straight body, a clean frame, and many new parts already installed and I think it has enormous potential.  I have all of the original components which the previous owner kept in case the engine swap was to be reversed.  So here is where I turn to the DeLorean experts to give my their thoughts-what should I do with this vehicle?  Does anyone know a source for a used PRV engine less than $5200?  Am I a complete idiot for loving DeLoreans so much?  Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I try and sort this situation out.
Thanks everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!
Mike

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional