[DML] Re: Fuel Pump Not Getting Voltage After RPM Relay Replaced

[DML] Re: Fuel Pump Not Getting Voltage After RPM Relay Replaced

As usual you are right. I don't know what I was thinking. I learned it
as E = I X R. Anyway as the connections heat up (R increases) and the
voltage (E) can't go up I (amps) has to come down. This is true for
the circuit as a whole. The connector that is overheating goes into a
vicious cycle. As it gets hotter and hotter it's resistance continues
to increase. All of the P (power in watts) gets converted into heat P
= I X E. It is self-limiting because at some point the resistance will
get so high as to limit the current because the voltage can't go up.
Bottom line bad connections are to be avoided because of the problems
they cause.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Elvis" <elvisnocita@...> wrote:

> David - please !!!!!!
>
> a higher resistance means less current !!
>
> Mr Ohm invented this basic law: R = U / I !!!
>
> @ Jim - no it is not the coil. The coil is driven
> by the ignition ECU as is the rpm-relay.
> Did you bridge the rpm-relay to let the fuel pump
> run continuously ?
> the rpm-relays tend to fail because of a loosened
> solder joint. this may behave like you described -
> somtimes it works, sometimes it won't.
>
> checked the inertia switch ?
>
> do you have a schematic of the car ?
>
> Elvis & 6548