From: content22207 <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:32:10 AM
Subject: [DML] Re: interior lamps won't turn off

Removing the white module should have killed your ground irrespective
of what's in the sockets.

Are you burning LED's in the lever lights? They cast an odd
operating-roomish white light. You might find the bulbs warmer & more
inviting.

The problem I ran into (other than DMC not designing enough light
fixtures in the first place) was my white module was killing the
voltage. With it in place, the circuit dropped to 10 volts. With it
removed, the circuit went back to 12. Don't know what's inside the
thing, but whatever it is was sucking up 2 volts of my juice. Made an
already dark interior even darker. I threw it away. Who needs a light
delay when OUTSIDE the vehicle anyway? Inside, I can simply flip the
front lever.

To solve DMC's design oversight I added two footwell lights and two
lights at the top of my C pillars (rear lever light location is
covered by my third brake light). 5 fixtures throw plenty of light
around the entire interior. One of these days I'll take a nocturnal
photo and upload it to #5939's photo album (need to clean my carpets
first -- the problem with footwell lights is they really show the dirt).

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@yahoogroups .com, "Sean" <sweitzel@.. .> wrote:
>
> Short reply: I fixed the issue and the lamps now turn off correcly. I
> did, however make an interesting discovery - It seems that the LED
> bulbs from DMCH for some reason as far as I can tell don't draw enough
> current to tell the lamp delay timer to turn off the lamps when the
> doors are closed. Even with the dome lights hooked up correctly, the
> lamps would not shut off. Putting original incandescent bulbs back in
> restored normal functionality.

.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional