[DML] Re: AC clutch running continuously

[DML] Re: AC clutch running continuously

Whoa -- let's all stop and take a breath before someone says something
he or she will regret later....

David is correct that a system designed for R-12 will perform best
with R-12. As already noted, R-12 condensors tend to be bigger than
R-134 condensors -- probably one reason systems designed for R-134
usually run higher high side pressures. Cycling R-134 systems may have
lower cut off switches as well (anyone know?). How about evaporator
sizes (generally smaller too?). Are there any effects from our long
hose runs?

Converted R-12 systems do work. They simply are not optimally sized.
Components may have significant age on them as well.

We're all working along a continuum. At one one is a complete system
upgrade, which will of course provide the best service. At the other
end is simply flushing/vacuuming/recharging with R-134, which works
but is less than optimal. And as you pointed out, every component is
available for replacement between these extremes.

It all boils down to resources (time & money), costs versus benefits,
each owner's intention for his or her vehicle, etc.

Since you deal with Sanden, here's a question for my curiosity: will a
508, pumping R-134, work in a stock DeLorean system (no other
component swaps)? I know a 510 will, but I've wondered about the 508.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@...> wrote:
>
> David,
> What seat of the pants information are you coming up with about
converting
> old NOS 30 year old parts to New R134 systems.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)