[DML] Re: at wits end with transmission governor computer

[DML] Re: at wits end with transmission governor computer

For reference you may want to use the article form Gullwing Magazine
winter 2004 This describes how to hook up a check box to see the
shift moments (when the solenoids are powered or not). The round
covered plug at the right hand side (car's left side, firewall)
contacts and to the solenoids. Three middle (of 5) pins connect to
+12V (middle pin, green/yellow) and solenoid 1 and 2, brown and
blue). When solenoid 1 and/or 2 are activated a connected 12V bulb
will light up if the proper pin is connected to the lamp and the
center pin. Use two bulbs to see all action in one stroke. BTW you
may want to use LEDs, then add a resistor of approx. 280 Ohms between
center pin and the lead to the LEDs the other LED pin goes to resp.
check pin 1 (left of middle) and pin 2 (right of middle).

I also have some drawing but I assume these are the same you have
found. There's nothing in the manual on pinouts regarding the
solenoids, only about the 6 and 3 pin connectors. Doessomeone else
have that info?

Welmoed.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Sean" <sweitzel@...> wrote:

> Here is the brief version: When I restored my own car #3231 3 years
> ago, I refurbished and relocated the shift computer from the side of
> the trans into a project box. It's worked flawlessly since then.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)