[DML] New Question

Today, I took 4984 out for a drive and upon returning noticed a small
oil leak near the drivers front tire under the tie Rod.  After
inspection it appeared that there were no brake line leaks, no master
clutch or brake cylinder leaks but the Tie Rod boot was broken open
and it appeared that oil or hydraulic fluid had leaked out of this.
I did notice in the manual that one should place "1/3 of specifed
lubricant via the left end".  I've never had this off, so, I'm
calling for any available advice.
1.) Is it possible this is the oil I saw leaking?  It sure looks like
it.
2.) If so, how big is the job to fix this?
3.) What is the "specified lubrianct"
4.) Why would the lubricant leak?  I'm assuming the boot must have
covered a seal that has been damaged by dust or something.

Unfortunately, I have a Delorean Rally in two weeks and repairing
prior to this might be difficult.  What happens if I drive this car?
All replies appreciated.
Thanks,

Dale Funk
4984