[DML] Re: and now for something completely different

[DML] Re: and now for something completely different

Performance is something that can eat your money faster than you can
earn it (onsider stage II and III engines).
>From my amateur's point of view there are a number of option, but all
involve some or much money.
Determine if you want/need more power or more effciency.
More power:
1. still use the stock coil and spark plug cables? Go for a coil that
delivers a better spark (like Pertronix or MSD). Replace the spark
plug cables for better ones (better is in ters of lower resistance
and able to support the chosen coil. A stronger spark makes a better
burn and therefore adds some HP. A better burning process also is
good for the environment.
2. Get rid of the catalyzers: good for some 10-12 HP (if regulations
do not forbid of course). A better burning process may also improve
exhaust gas quality. My knowledge in that area however is limited so
I invite the connesseurs to jump in with solid info.
At least my car passed inspection without catalyzers and still is
within the limits set for this car!
3. Spark enhancers like the ones DirectHits offers, may well improve
burning but I am not sure if it's a sound investment in terms of hp
vs dollars.

My advice is: first improve the spark, than see if spark enhancement
will bring more (hp or economy). Bear in mind that everthing you do
to improve performance adds more or less to your goals. However only
another engine that starts with more hp than 130 (like using a Volvo
760 engine - B28E, before '88 is same type and model but 160 instead
of 130 hp to start with -) will bring you the power you want. At a
price!

I saw a post by John Hervey and I guess he's going to see what
DirectHits will add to the HP of the D.

welmoed.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mark R. Vanyo" <markman660@...>
wrote:

> Here is some other details of the Pulstar plug.
>
> http://www.gizmag.com/go/7594/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: