[DML] Been the victim of credit fraud in the last 8 months?

[DML] Been the victim of credit fraud in the last 8 months?

I wanted to post this for the DeLorean community members who only frequent the DML.
Over on DMCTalk.com I have read several stories over the past 8 months of several people
who have had their credit information stolen after placing orders with DMCH. I didn't think
much of it and assumed it was just a fluke or coincidental.

Well, last week I was the victim of fraud, and I posted a message back on DMCTalk
regarding it. I had several charges placed at a DiamondHarmony.com, luckily they
recognized it was fraud and didn't allow the charges to go through. I had to cancel my
credit card, deal with 3 hours of phone calls to get things switched over, and place fraud
alerts on my credit file. This credit card is one I only use for eBay purchases (via PayPal,
who has had my credit info for the past 5 years) and for DeLorean parts. After posting my
experience on the forum, other members replied with their credit card issues as well.

At last count (from a few days ago) there were 23 members of DMCTalk have reported that
they have been the victim of fraud, and 36 credit card numbers that have been stolen
(some people with fraud on 3 cards)! Cards have been used for jewlery, travel, web
hosting, clothes, computer equipment, and porn sites, in places like the US, France,
England, Vietnam, and India. You can read their stories at the link toward the end of this
message.

So far James from DMCH has responded to the issue over at DMCTalk saying he can't tell
the victims of this incident anything about what is going on as the are investigating. Over
the last 7 months of credit card thefts, not once has DMCH stopped accepting credit cards
at their online store (incase it was hacked) or mentioned anything to the community or on
their website alerting people to the possibility of their card being stolen.

What I am going to do for the time being and to be safe is to not purchase from DMCH
until they publicly announce they have found and fixed the problem. So far purchasing
from other DMC affiliates does not seem to be an issue as they all charge and store credit
card #'s on separate systems. Not to mention that PJ Grady and Special T Auto wouldn't be
sharing a credit card system with Houston. Under no circumstance will I place a credit card
order online with DMCH. If I ABSOLUTELY need to order from DMCH, I will do it the old
fashioned way and send them a check. I hope others will follow these suggestions as well.

I hope this issue is recognized by DMCH as an issue throughout the community, and can
get a response to the victims such as an apology as well as an 'All Clear' to know when it is
safe again at DMCH.

As I was not allowed to post personal stories of others in this message (and believe me,
there are a lot), you can check out all the info that has been gathered so far over at:
http://www.dmctalk.com/showthread.php?t=6759

Thank you,

-Derek Grozio #10084
Victim #23 <- self appointed title :)