[DML] The merger of threads. (New DeLorean/Museum)

--- Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I understand the confusion amongst the ignorant
> public-ADD-sound bite generation,
> but Stephen did get John's approval to use the name
> (I know, I know... playing Marc's Advocate...
> where's the "proof").

Why would you state this as fact, when there is no
proof?

The correct sound bite is that they CLAIM to have
gotten John's approval...   Not that it matters,
because they did not need it!

Stephen, James, and the rest of the folks down in
Texas (as well as the rest of the new franchise
members) may all have a personal interest in
DeLoreans, and a desire to carry on a "legacy" such
that they would spear-head an effort to build NEW
DeLoreans, or open a museum.  But, I find it amazing
how so many posts in the past few weeks simply ignore
the fact that we are talking about a business and
(this time) not the individuals that operate them, and
there is a tone that these businesses are somehow
operating in the best interest of the general DeLorean
public.

They operate for PROFIT.  In many ways, they will
continue to do some things that are in the best
interest of the owners but that is because there is a
motivation of profit in it.  Yes, I know, this is not
a bad thing, but it seems like I have to point out the
obvious based on the discussions of late.

That is not to say that any part of either plan (New
DeLorean or Museum) is sinister, but why would no one
question it?

Tony made a good example yesterday, with his "tease"
about marketing a Legend copy.  This VENDOR purchased
502 at (what is rumored to be) a rock bottom price,
disassembled the engine (the single most valuable part
of this particular car) for the purpose of making a
profit!  Yes, I know, it was his property to do what
he wished but what about the guy who bought the car
from him (at a significant profit)?  As far as I can
see, this engine has now been "molested".  Where did
Tony get the custom made head bolts and head gaskets
to re-assemble the engine properly?  Did all of the
custom Legend parts make it back in to that engine?
Maybe they did, but there is a doubt now which I think
will hurt the future value of this car...  All for
vendor profit.  But, that is what a vendor does!

Am I about to hand over my collection of rare DeLorean
items to a VENDOR?  No F**KING WAY!  (But, they are
for sale..  everything always is!)  I can see a PERSON
like James or Stephen having a personal desire for a
DeLorean museum, but if they are directly involved
with the effort (and the physical museum in their back
yard would be a good indication they are) then there
is a clear conflict of interest.  Kind of like when
James gave up running this mailing list to join
Stephen in Texas.  (BTW Jack, I did say Detroit was a
good location)

Why would anyone think the effort to make a "New
DeLorean" is for our benefit?  Again, it is profit..
Not a bad thing, but call it what it is!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)