[DML] DeLorean Museums

There seems to be a lot of talk here lately on DeLorean Museums.
This is a good thing because preserving the car, the marque and the basic
history is going to be more important over the coming years as people that were
involved become harder to find.

The Museum we put together in Chicago I believe is the largest collection  of
DeLorean memorabilia ever gathered in one place at one time.  The point  is
the DeLorean is rich in history and there is a lot of good history out there
that needs to be preserved.

The DCS Show seemed to have kicked things off in Chicago and its good to  see
the interest.  Keep in mind when I did the museum I was wondering if I  could
fill 15 display cases.  WE may not have been there first but this  display
was the largest that anyone has seen.  Rob Lamrock did an  outstanding job in
Eurofest ( I wish I could have had his display it was  excellent) and with that
and the passing of John we decided to do our version.  We ended up with 26
display cases. 20 tables, 10 computers and a ton of  photos of which over 200
were displayed on the walls of the convention  center.

The interesting point is the cases were so stuffed it was sometimes hard to
see what all was in them.  We could have used another 26 display cases and
spread them out.  At Chicago we easily had enough to set up a "real" museum
with a very nice history and display.

The one problem a show like DCS will have is we don't know what we are
getting until the show itself.
Things like Johns belt, boots and two of his golf bags.  The  groundbreaking
shovel was there as well. There are many of these items out  there and the
Museum DMCH is organizing I am sure will eventually house many of  these items.
In addition there are a few collectors making sure the  items are not lost
and they have been gracious enough to let DCS use them for  the show.  To those
collectors my personal thanks,

DCS Gettysburg will have a museum again.  This time it will be in its  own
room ( Tower II convention space)
and it will be open all three days (times TBD).  Amazing enough most  of the
items displayed this time will not be repeat items.  Many of the  photos will
because we invested in frames and they are ready but the display  items will
be new to the museum.

Any time you can collect items together it makes it easier to determine  what
is available and over time the right pieces will find their way to the
museum or display that suites it best.

By no means is DCS planning to be that place but we are grateful that we
have been a part of it and will continue to do its part in supporting the
history.  As mentioned in the preceding e-mail there is a board made up to  work on
a museum that will house only DeLorean and its an idea whose time has  come.

And to the other museums that are working to gather items its always  great
to share DeLorean history.

Sharing is the key point here.  To share the experience with all is  what we
need to do.

Ken

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional