From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Michael Fischer
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 12:27 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DML] Re: A society question...

In my 10 years of owning/showing my DeLorean .. I've never had a major issue
with people, but I have learned a few tricks/tips.

We all like to show the D with the doors open, it's a major draw, but also
very inviting.  So I use a sent of plastic garden chains between the striker
pins as a gentle reminder.  You can generally judge the "mood" of the show,
and know if you need to close the doors or not.

Also, whenever I choose a spot, I always make sure to leave a goodly amount
of distance between myself and the neighbouring car, I don't wanna see
someone else's pride and joy scratched by the crowd anymore then I want mine
scratched.

That said, the single most important thing I've found: take an interest in
the neighbouring cars, talk with the owners, they are as proud of theirs and
we are, and a Delorean tends to overshadow everything around it;  a "new
friend" beside your car will keep on eye on it if you choose to check out
the show. (and vice versa)

Friendly enthusiasm is contagious; the nicer you are and the more it's
obvious you love the car, the more others do to.  (Even if you have to fake
it .. ...) So generally, if someone takes an interest and wants to the
engine or get a pic or sit in it, if they ask I usually let them,  after a
friendly "are your hands/clothes clean?"

Finally, people LOVE to touch the stainless, even cars guys that would never
touch a painted car, just can't stop themselves.  Nothing you can do, so
windex and some paper towels are a must.  (it's kinda handy, if you leave
the car, you know how many people checked it out while you were gone, by
counting the finger prints upon your return. )

Mike
17106

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

<*> Your email settings: