Re: [DML] Body and engine removal

Thanks for some neat photos.
  Makes me want to work on my car. I have car #968 which I purchased in 1995.
  My car runs well and doesn't seem to need any thing major.
  Marvin

Travis Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Hey everyone,

This past weekend I finally had a chance to make notable progress on
my restoration project. I started on Saturday morning with an
intact, yet non-running DeLorean and by Sunday afternoon, I was down
to a frame without an engine and transmission. I have seen plenty of
DeLorean rolling chassis over the years, but never my own! This is
my first time doing either of these procedures, so it's been
educational (slow). So far, the only unintentional damage was the
diagnostic plug (might be repairable) and the flywheel plate that it
connects to (< $5). I can live with that!

Here are some photos of my progress, or lack thereof:
http://tinyurl.com/3bqmk8

Clearly, this is just the tip of the iceberg, but at least it's
finally progressing. The goal here is to strip it down to a bare
frame, which will then be powder coated. Then after that, I have to
figure out how to put it all back together and then move on to the
rest of the car.

Just wanted to share.

Travis

Marvin