Re: [DML] Body and engine removal

Travis

It's nice to hear that someone is at the exact same step of restoration as I
am! I just stripped the frame of... well... everything! ;) I was surprised
to find how light weight the frame is. I was actually able to lift the
entire frame off the ground by myself! Wow!
So, I decided to put the frame on a scale to get some real numbers. Here it
is:

Bare frame weight: 103kg (227lbs)

The differences are that you are a lucky man to have such a nice lift
available! I'm green with envy ;) I had to use a floor jack, some muscle
strength and a whole bunch of concrete blocks.
When it comes to damage... I didn't touch the diagnostic plug but I have
broken a number of bolts. I will replace them with stainless ;)

Good luck on your rebuild!

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
Google earth: 52°25'17.30"N 21° 1'58.00"E
dmctom@xxxxxxxxx
www.deloreana.com