[DML] DeLorean was going to be president for Bricklin?!?!

[DML] DeLorean was going to be president for Bricklin?!?!

I was surprised nobody wrote about this already, unless I just missed a
post somewhere. I watched the new episode of "Chop Cut Rebuild" on
Speed TV on Monday, which featured a Bricklin. It was the first episode
of many showing the gullwing car being restored and modified.

Among others, they interviewed the car's creator, Malcolm Bricklin.
Malcolm said that in the early 1970's John DeLorean offered to be
president of the Bricklin company. They agreed that John would get 1.7
million per year to be president!! The next day, John called Malcolm
and said that it was supposed to be 1.7 million, after taxes!! Malcolm
Bricklin said NO.

Bricklin then went on to say in the interview that, "John DeLorean then
went on to create a car, with his name on it, that was copied directly
from the original Bricklin prototype car that John was allowed to
study". I personally own a "D" and a "B" and I don't see any real
similarities myself.

I have never heard of this before, or anything like it! Has anyone
else? This was straight from the mouth of Malcolm Bricklin, and he
sounded quite annoyed actually (30+ years later)!

Daniel
VIN 10920
Arizona DeLorean Club
www.az-d.org